1. You want to include an image in a report. How do you display the Image Properties dialog box?
When you drag an image item from the Toolbox window to the Report Designer, the Image Properties dialog box automatically opens.
2. You want to configure an amount to display the value in a currency format. Which property do you use?
To configure an amount to display a value in a currency format, select the report item, and then set the format property to C or c.
3. What are data regions?
Data regions are report items that display repeated rows of summarized information from datasets.
4. You want to generate a report that is formatted as a chart. Can you use the Report Wizard to create such a report?
No, the Report Wizard lets you create only tabular and matrix reports. you must create the chart report directly by using the Report Designer.
5. You want to use BIDS to deploy a report to a different server than the one you chose in the Report Wizard. How can you change the server URL?
You can right-click the project in Solution Explorer and then change the Target-Server URL property.
6. Which rendering formats are affected by the PageSize properties?
Because only the Adobe PDf file, Word, and Image rendering extensions use physical page breaks, they are the only formats that are affected by the PageSize properties.
7. Can you use a stored procedure to provide data to an SSRS report?
Yes, you can use a stored procedure to provide data to an SSRS report by configuring the dataset to use a stored procedure command type. However, your stored procedure should return only a single result set. If it returns multiple result sets, only the first one is used for the report dataset.
8. You want to use a perspective in an MDX query. How do you select the perspective?
Use the Cube Selector in the MDX Query Designer to select a perspective.
9. Can you use data mining models in SSRS?
Yes, you can use the DMX Designer to create data mining queries for SSRS reports. However, do not forget to flatten the result set returned by the DMX query.
10. You want your report to display a hyperlink that will take users to your intranet. How do you configure such a hyperlink?
Create a text box item, set the action to Go To URL, and then configure the URL.
11. You want a report to display Sales by Category, SubCategory, and Product. You want users to see only summarized information initially but to be able to display the details as necessary. How would you create the report?
Group the Sales information by Category, SubCategory, and Product. Hide the SubCategory group and set the visibility to toggle based on the Category item. Hide the Product category group and set the visibility to toggle based on the SubCategory item.
12. You want to create an Excel interactive report from SSRS. In SSRS, can you create the same interactive experience in Excel that you would have on the Web?
No, you cannot create the same experience with SSRS. you can, however, use Excel to create such an experience.
13. What is the main difference between a Matrix report item and a Table report item?
The main difference between a Matrix and a Table report item is in the initial template. Actually, both report items are just templates for the Tablix data region.
14. When you do not use report caching, is it better to use parameters to filter information in the query or to use filters in the dataset?
From a performance perspective, it is better to use parameters because they let SSRS pull filtered data from the data source. In contrast, when you use filters, the queries retrieve all data and then filter the information in an additional step.
15. How do you configure a running aggregate in SSRS?
You can use the RunningValue function to configure a running aggregate.
16. What is the main purpose of a report parameter?
The main purpose of a report parameter is to add interactivity to your reports, letting users change the report behavior based on options they select.
17. What is the main purpose of a query parameter?
The main purpose of a query parameter is to filter data in the data source.
18. You want your users to select a parameter from a list of values in a list box. How should you configure the parameter?
You should create a data source that contains the possible values and then bind the data source to the parameter.
19. What is the main benefit of using embedded code in a report?
The main benefit of using embedded code in a report is that the code you write at the report level can be reused in any expression in the report.
20. What programming language would you use to create embedded functions in SSRS?
An SSRS report supports only visual Basic .nET embedded code.