What are the drilldown reports? Give one example.
Drill down reports are the reports which can collapse or expand as per requirement i.e. information can be drilled down in to minor level information if required.
For example when you group by the data at particular group. At the group level you can get the sum or any other information which you want to see. When you expand it you will get the row level data.
For drill down there will be + sign on the row through which you can drill.
What are sub reports and how to create them?
Sub reports are the reports which can be called in main report and can be generate through main report.
Parameters can be passed from main report to sub report and basis of that report can be generated.
What is the report model project?
Report model project is for creating Adhoc reporting. You can create the adhoc reports through report builder.
Report model project can be created on bids or report server. This model can have simple view. And using
What is report server project?
Report Server Project contains the RDL file and it need to be deployed on report server to view the report files to application and user.
It a solution where we design our reports. You can add it by going into BIDS clicking on new item and then selecting reports server project. Once the solution is created you can start creating reports.
In which SQL Server version report builder introduced?
Report builder introduced in SQL Server 2005. While creating or deploying report model project on report server you can get error or it might not get created. For this you need to check whether the service pack 2 is installed or not.
How to deploy the Report?
Report can be deployed in three ways.
1. Using visual studio: In visual studio you can directly deploy the report through solution explorer by providing the report server URL in project properties at Target Server URL. This will deploy entire project or single report as per you selection.
2. Using report server: Can directly go to the report server and deploy the report by browsing the report from the disk location on server.
3. Creating the utility: SQL server provides the utility using that which can be used to create a customize utility for your report deployment in bulk.
What is RS.exe utility?
Rs.exe utility is used for deploying the report on report server. It comes with the report server and can be customize accordingly.
What is the name of reporting services config file and what’s it’s used for?
Reporting service config file is used for report configuration details. It contains the report format and also the report import types. Report service config reside at ISS.
What are the three different part of RDL file explain them?
In visual studio RDL files has three parts.
1. Data: It contains the dataset on which we write the query. Data set is connected with data source.
2. Design: In design you can design report. Can create tables and matrix reports. Drag columns values from source.
3. Preview: to check the preview after the report run.
Which language rdl files made of?
RDL files are written in XML.
What is the chart in report?
Chart reports are for graphical representation. You can get pie charts columns harts and various other options.
3d charts are also available in reporting services.
What is Data Set in report?
Data set are the set of data which we want to show in report. Data creates on data source. Data source is the source of data from where we are getting this data i.e. database server and database name connection string.
What are the different types of data sources in SSRS?
SSRS use different data source. Some of them are listed below.
1. Microsoft SQL Server
5. SQL Server Analysis Service
6. Report Server Model
7. SAP Net weaver BI
What is the web service used for reporting services?
Reporting Service Web Service used in SSRS. By accessing this web service you can access all report server component and also get the report deployed on report server.