Use the Code prefix and the name of the function to reference an embedded function in a report expression.
22. Which of the following are valid options for deploying a report? (Choose all that apply.)
a. With BIDS
b. With the Computer Management console
c. With the .nET START command
d. With SSMS
e. With Report Manager
The correct answers are a and e, BIDS and Report Manager.
23. Why should you not overwrite a shared data source in production?
You should not overwrite a production-shared data source because the administrator has probably already changed some connection string properties.
24. Can you edit a report that an end user created by using Report Builder in BIDS?
Yes, if an end user created a report by using Report Builder in BIDS and saved the report definition file, you can open the file in BIDS and edit it.
25. How can you manage reports from your application if the report server is deployed in SharePoint integrated mode?
Use the ReportService2006 endpoint of the SSRS Web service if your report server is deployed in SharePoint integrated mode.
26. In which processing mode of a report viewer control can you use the full functionality of your report server?
You should use the remote processing mode to use the full functionality of your report server.
27. What types of roles are available in SSRS 2008, and what are their purposes?
Item-level roles and system-level roles are the two types of roles available in SSRS 2008. An item-level role is a collection of tasks related to operations on an object of the report object hierarchy of SSRS 2008. A system-level role is a collection of tasks related to operations on server objects outside the report object hierarchy of SSRS 2008.
28. Can a user or group belong to more than one item-level or system-level role?
Yes, in SSRS 2008, a user or group can have more than one association to a system-level or an item-level role.
29. When storing the credentials of a data source in the server, are those credentials safe?
Yes, the data source credentials are safe because Reporting Services encrypts them and stores them in the ReportServer SQL Server database.
30. What happens if you do not specify a parameter value in a subscription and the parameter does not have a default value?
If you do not specify a parameter value in a subscription and the parameter does not have a default value, the execution of the report will fail.
31. You want to create a subscription to a report. However, when you right-click the Subscription subfolder of the report, you notice that the new Subscription option is dimmed. What is wrong?
When the new Subscription option is dimmed, the report probably does not use stored credentials for accessing the data. SSRS needs these credentials stored in its own ReportServer database to execute a report on a schedule.
32. What can you do if your query with properties for a data-driven subscription does not provide values for all of the subscription properties?
If your query with properties for a data-driven subscription does not provide values for all of the subscription properties, you can use text and default values instead. These values are then used for parameters of all subscriptions you get from the query.
33. What mechanisms do you identify to reduce the overhead of Reporting Services data sources?
Snapshots and cached reports can help reduce the processing pressure on data sources and improve report response time.
34. Can you always create a cache of a report?
No, you can create a cache of a report only when certain requirements, such as having credentials stored in the Report Server, are met.
35. Can you edit the .rdl code associated with a linked report?
No, because a linked report has no .rdl code of its own. It refers to the .rdl code of the base report.
36. Which of the tools and utilities described in this lesson can change or create the virtual directories for the report server and Report Manager after installation?
Only Reporting Services Configuration Manager can enable and name the virtual directories for the report server and Report Manager.
37. What is the file name extension for an encryption key backup?
Encryption key backups have an .snk file name extension.
38. What are the three SSRS command-line utilities and their primary functions?
RSConfig.exe is used to define the connection properties from the SSRS instance to the Report Server database; RSKeyMgmt.exe performs encryption key operations and scale-out deployment setup; RS.exe runs Report Server Script files that can perform report deployment and management operations.
39. If you want to disable one of the rendering options in the Save As drop-down list when viewing a report through Report Manager, where do you do that?
The visibility property for any of the rendering devices can be changed by modifying the RSReportServer.config file and locating the